REVIEW: THE MOURNING HOUSE BY RONALD MALFI

TITLE: THE MOURNING HOUSE
SERIES: N/A
AUTHOR: RONALD MALFI
GENRE: HORROR
EDITION READ: KINDLE
AMAZON PRICE: PB N/A / KINDLE $2.99


SYNOPSIS:

Devastated by tragedy, Dr. Sam Hatch is a shadow of his former self. He travels the byroads of America, running away from a past he cannot escape. There is no salvation for him.

And then he sees the house. Like a siren, it calls to him. Yet the house is not what it appears to be. Is it a blessing, a gift...or a curse?





MY RATING: 5 STARS

I'd like to thank Laurie (Fetch Me My Fainting Couch) for bringing this book to my attention.

I kid you not, I think this novella gave me heart palpitations. The Mourning House the haunting and frightening tale of Dr. Sam Hatch. After losing his family tragically, he is left a shell of his former self. The despair, loneliness, and guilt that Sam experiences comes across loud and clear through this expertly written novella.

With many novellas I'm left feeling like the story isn't complete and lacks the detail that draws you into the story. This is NOT true of The Mourning House. This novella was solid and complete from start to finish. This story has the “wow factor” that will have you searching out more of Malfi's work.

I usually have at least one complaint about a story, but not with this one...not even one. The Mourning House is an amazing story that I would suggest all horror fans read. 
 







*Book Hollow*
















Share this article :
 

+ comments + 2 comments

March 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. I don't give out 5 stars easily and am always a little nervous when I do so. I swear it's even more stressful than giving out those 1 stars!

March 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Very solid writing. I really enjoyed it. I recently read Borealis also. It was pretty good as well. I haven't typed up my review yet on it.

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger