MY FAVORITE THINGS POST #2


POST #2

So this is a new thing I've started posting on Book Hollow once a month. I'll be posting random things (old and new) that I love and just things I think are worth mentioning.


HOT TAMALES


Yum...just yum! Give me a box of Hot Tamales and I'll be a very happy woman—well, until the box is empty. I usually buy a box during the week and stash them away. These fiery candies make the perfect reading snack. Chocolate is nice, but I need something with a little more kick.







CASHMERE SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER

I've put my hair through hell over the years. Dye jobs, blow drying, not to mention just getting older, has starved my hair of moisture and shine. While getting my hair cut, the stylist suggested I try the Regis line of Cashmere. Oh. My. God. I love this stuff! Not only does it smell beyond wonderful, but it works miracles on dry damaged hair. I have never loved a brand of shampoo and conditioner as much as I do Cashmere. It is simply amazing!









THE CROW

The Crow is my number 1 favorite movie of all time. Okay, I'll admit it's mostly because Brandon Lee stars in it (~swoon~), but I also love the story itself. The sequels to this movie should have NEVER been made. They were awful! Honestly, I think Brandon made this movie. If anyone else had been cast to play Eric Draven, it probably wouldn't have worked as well as it did.

On the flip side, the working conditions while shooting this movie were horrible. It seemed like one bad thing after another happened on set. One of which tragically ended the promising life of Brandon Lee.

My two favorite quotes from the movie:

Little things used to mean so much to Shelly. I used to think they were kind of trivial... believe me, nothing is trivial.
Eric Draven

Suddenly, I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door...you heard me rapping, right?
Eric Draven





BATH & BODY WORKS

I love this store and probably own more of their products than should be allowed.









THRIFTBOOKS.COM

I owe my ever growing library to this website. I can find just about anything through thriftbooks, especially out-of-print books. My nearest used book store is 30 miles away and really isn't that cheap. Thriftbooks has a very wide selection and the shipping is FREE! Most of the books are $3.95. You just can't get a better deal unless you are searching through a garage sale. I've ordered tons of books through this site and it usually takes about a week to receive my order.


Okay, that wraps up post #2 of My Favorite Things. I've got to get to thinking about what I want to include for next month :)












Share this article :
 

+ comments + 2 comments

February 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Never heard of thriftbooks until today. Uh oh, this could be dangerous!

B&BW, love them. Have you tried their Slatkin candles and their new scents for Valentines in the pretty bottles? The honey one smells so pretty. I have to stay out their store until I use a few things up because I have no more room in the cabinet.

February 7, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Oh, thriftbooks could be dangerous for you! I just LOVE that place! There's no telling how much money they've made off me. I order from there all the time.

I've got a shopping trip planned for Saturday with my oldest son's girlfriend. We are soooo hitting up B&BW because I haven't been since Christmas. Gotta check out those V-Day scents you mentioned. I haven't bought many of their candles but I'll be sure to sniff a few while I'm there :)

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger