REVIEW: THE VAMPIRE SHRINK BY LYNDA HILBURN

THE VAMPIRE SHRINK
KISMET KNIGHT, PH.D., VAMPIRE PSYCHOLOGIST 1
LYNDA HILBURN
GENRE: UF/ PARANORMAL ROMANCE

The Kindle version of The Vampire Shrink is the British edition, published by Quercus/Jo Fletcher Books, UK. It contains British spelling, punctuation, etc.

Kismet Knight is a young psychologist with a growing clinical practice, and she's always looking for something to give her the edge in her chosen career. When her new client turns out to be a Goth teenager who desperately wants to become a vampire, Kismet is inspired to become the vampire shrink, offering her services to people who believe they are undead. Kismet herself, as a scientist, knows it's hokum, but she's looking at it in a purely psychoanalytic light, already imagining the papers she's going to write on this strange subculture.

That's until she meets the leader of a vampire coven, a sexy, mysterious man who claims to be a powerful 800-year-old vampire, and she is pulled into a whirlwind of inexplicable events that start her questioning everything she once believed about the paranormal.





MY RATING: 3.5 STARS

After finishing The Vampire Shrink, I'm left with mixed emotions about this book. I like the whole concept because it's a bit different. However, I felt the main characters (especially the character of Devereux) didn't evolve through the story enough.

The second book is available, but I haven't read it yet. It's possible that Dev is more hashed out in the second book. I hope that's the case, because I couldn't really connect with him in this book. I felt more connected to the hunky FBI agent, Alan.

Kismet is somewhat confusing. She stayed in denial way too long about the existence of vampires even when it was staring her right in the face...literally (Bryce lol). I liked her well enough though. She has three potential love interests in this book—Tom (her ex), Alan (FBI agent), and Dev (800 year old vamp). Yeah, I was rooting for Alan because I felt more connected to him than Dev. I shouldn't even really count Tom because he's an egotistical ass. 
  

Overall, I did like the story and will read the next book, Blood Therapy. I think this story was well deserving of 3.5 stars, but I'd give the cover art 2 stars. I just didn't care for it.








Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger