MY FAVORITE THINGS, POST #1


POST #1

So this is a new thing I'll be doing on Book Hollow once a month. I'll be posting random things (old and new) that I love and just things I think are worth mentioning. So here goes...




COLLEEN HOOVER




I recently discovered Colleen Hoover this month. She has three books available right now—Slammed, Point of Retreat, and Hopeless. Slammed and Point of Retreat are books 1 & 2 in the Slammed trilogy. Book 3 will be coming out late this year (I think). Hopeless is her latest release and the book that turned me on to Hoover's writing. I immediately read Slammed and POR after I finished Hopeless. I loved all three books and will probably read everything Hoover releases.









SELENA QUINTANILLA-PEREZ



I first heard about the Tejano music sensation the day she was murdered, March 31, 1995. I had no idea who she was and had never heard her music. After hearing samples of her songs on TV, I wanted to hear more. July 1995 her English album, Dreaming of You, was released and I was hooked! I have numerous Selena CDs (probably 14 or more), books, posters, etc... The posters will never be hung, but remain rolled up and stored along with the rest of the memorabilia I have.

Around the late 90s I had a Selena fansite (since closed) and was lucky enough to have the website featured in a Selena tribute edition of a Houston newspaper. I was also privileged to be asked by the moderator of the official Selena chat forum (at that time) to make some graphics for the forum. Through this I was able to obtain a personalized signed poster of Selena's widower, Chris Perez. I've been able to speak to a select few of Selena's family members and have met many wonderful fans of Selena.

Chris recently released a book about his life with Selena titled To Selena, With Love.






GHOST HUNTERS ON SYFY



Ha! I just love this show and have been watching it for years. I really like all the personalities of the ghost hunters, especially Jason and Steve. I really liked Grant and hated when he left the show. I have always loved ghosts and the paranormal so this show is my candy on Wednesday nights. I also like to watch the spin-off Ghost Hunters International. I don't watch all those other crap ghost hunting shows on TV though. Just can't get into them and I can't stand the people on them.





MY KINDLE TOUCH



My oh my, what would I do without my Kindle? It took me forever to get turned on to the idea of ebooks. I absolutely adore DTE books. I love seeing them on my shelf, the smell, flipping through the pages, etc... I couldn't image wanting to read stories on some clunky hand held device—that is until I got one. My husband got me a Kindle Touch for Christmas in 2011. It hasn't left my side since. I carry it everywhere. I am usually reading a book on my Kindle and one DTE book at any given time. It has definitely boosted my reading. If I read a really awesome ebook, I'll usually order the print book to have on my shelf.

I've been thinking about buying on of the Fire editions of the Kindle, but I am sort of reluctant to learn all the bells and whistles that come with the Fire. To those of you that have the Fire, should I get one? Is it really worth it? What do you find to be the best features?




Okay, that wraps up post #1 of My Favorite Things. I've got to get to thinking about what I want to include for next month :)












Share this article :
 

+ comments + 3 comments

January 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I love Ghost Hunters, miss Grant but still love the show. I tried watching one called "Paranormal" Investigators or somesuch and the guy running the thing was such a d-bag I deleted the rest of the series from my Tivo. And it had this awful format that was the same in every episode with some annoying psychic "expert" coming in and having fits and getting possessed. It was so over the top silly that I can't believe it's still on the air.

I'm still using an old Sony Pocket Reader that I bought years ago for my ereading. I swear that thing is single handedly killing my eyesight but I refuse to upgrade until it dies its slow death. I'd love to get a Kindle Fire someday but can't justify it just yet.

January 23, 2013 at 8:25 PM

That reminds me of the show Paranormal State. It's a bunch of college kids and a few of them claim to be psychic or intuitive or whatever. They are big on calling everything a demon...just whatever! lol! I tried to watch it and gave up. I've even tried to watch Haunted Collector and it just seems silly to me. Nothing else I've watched even remotely compares to Ghost Hunters.

One thing I really love about the Kindle Touch is how easy it is on my eyes. I don't know if reading on the Fire is as easy on the eyes as the Touch. Not to mention I'm just not good with change.

January 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Maybe it was Paranormal State, come to think of it. Everyone was possessed and everything was the cause of a demon and the characters were extremely grating on the nerves. I was interested in Haunted Collector when I recently saw a commercial but I have too many shows to watch and missed it. I'm kind of happy to hear that I probably didn't miss much ;)

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger