REVIEW: EDGE OF SHADOWS BY CEGE SMITH


EDGE OF SHADOWS
SHADOWS #1
CEGE SMITH
GENRE: PARANORMAL THRILLER

SYNOPSIS


Fresh off a marriage that spiraled into a dangerous self-destructive tailspin, Ellie Coulter doesn’t believe in fate or luck. Darkness has been a constant companion since her parents’ untimely death, and she harbors a secret that never fails to remind her that she’s different.

Ellie's protective bubble includes nothing but her coffee shop, her few friends, and her dog. The attention of a handsome young doctor, David Mitchell, pushes her out of her comfort zone, and Ellie warms to the idea that she may have found another risk worth taking.

Then one of Ellie’s friends abruptly leaves town; entrusting her home to Ellie’s care. The house has its own mysterious past that draws Ellie into a new darkness. Her ex-husband resurfaces with premonitions of Ellie’s death. And suddenly Ellie’s life is being turned upside down yet again, and even David can’t help her make it right.

Ellie is running out of time. Something old and evil has awakened and it wants Ellie all to itself. She must solve a century-old mystery and keep a grip on her sanity in order to survive.



MY TAKE

4 STARS


I was pleasantly surprised by Edge of Shadows. It held my attention easily, which is really saying something (I swear sometimes it feels like I have A.D.D.).

The opening chapter starts out strong with Ellie packing up to leave her husband Jake. It's obvious he has an explosive temper when he pushes her and causes her to gash her head open. He's got a drinking problem, but it becomes clear that the drinking is a result of far deeper problems.

During most of the book I was trying to unravel the mysteries that plagued Ellie, Jake, and even this mysterious “Linda” that is introduced. It's evident there is something going on with this lady but you can't quite put your finger on it.

When I started this book, I did realize it was part of a series, so I expected the ending to be somewhat open, and expected it to leave me with questions. I got exactly what I expected. I have a lot of questions left to be answered with the ending of this book. As a matter of fact, I had one of those “Oh, WTF did she do!?” moments.

All in all, Edge of Shadows was a pretty good read. I will be purchasing the next book, Shadows Deep, in hopes of getting some of those answers I was left with at the end of this book.

*I got this ebook through the LibraryThing Member Giveaway program in exchange for a honest review.





BUY THIS BOOK


Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger