REVIEW: 'SALEM'S LOT BY STEPHEN KING

'SALEM'S LOT
STEPHEN KING

SYNOPSIS (GOODREADS):


'Salem's Lot is a small New England town with white clapboard houses, tree-lined streets, and solid church steeples. That summer in 'Salem's Lot was a summer of home-coming and return; spring burned out and the land lying dry, crackling underfoot. Late that summer, Ben Mears returned to 'Salem's Lot hoping to cast out his own devils... and found instead a new unspeakable horror.

A stranger had also come to the Lot, a stranger with a secret as old as evil, a secret that would wreak irreparable harm on those he touched and in turn on those they loved.

All would be changed forever—Susan, whose love for Ben could not protect her; Father Callahan, the bad priest who put his eroded faith to one last test; and Mark, a young boy who sees his fantasy world become reality and ironically proves the best equipped to handle the relentless nightmare of 'Salem's Lot.
_______________________________________________________________________

MY TAKE

4 1/2 STARS


What a great classic Stephen King read! I really enjoyed reading this classic horror novel and if you love the horror genre and vampires, this book will suit you.

There are no "nice" vampires in this book, and for that reason, this was such a refreshing read from the brooding, romantic vampire books that are currently cashing in sales at the local book store. Stephen King delivers the basic old-school  vampire theory with 'Salem's Lot.

Now, some readers will claim there is way to much mundane information included about the townspeople of Jerusalem's Lot, but you must get to know these people to get the full effect of this book.

As far as the scare factor with this book, there are some that claim it kept them from sleeping soundly at night. For me, well, I slept just fine. It didn't give me nightmares or scare me into hanging garlic on my windows. I'm not saying this book isn't scare worthy because I am sure for some it absolutely is. It really takes something absolutely horrendous to scare me. I seem to be desensitized to the horrors associated with vampires.

'Salem's Lot is a well-written, classic read that I thoroughly enjoyed. I would absolutely recommend this book to all my vampire loving friends.

PAPERBACK PRICE: $7.99
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger