REVIEW: IF I STAY BY GAYLE FORMAN

IF I STAY
IF I STAY #1
GAYLE FORMAN
GENRE: YA
EDITION: PAPERBACK

SYNOPSIS:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heart-achingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make, and the ultimate choice Mia commands.





MY RATING: 5 STARS

I really didn't think a book where the main character is in a coma for 90-95% of the book would be worth the read—WRONG. This book is! If I Stay will is an emotional, thought provoking story that will tug at your heart strings.

The author did a wonderful job a switching between the present and Mia's memories of past events. Mia's emotions and her ultimate dilemma come through loud and clear to the reader.

I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.”

After having so much ripped away from her in a matter of seconds, Mia has a decision to make. Is life worth really coming back to? This book is based on that one simple question. Although this is Mia's ultimate dilemma, this story had me pondering my thoughts about life/death. What would I do in Mia's situation?

Not only is this book emotional and thought provoking, it's also very inspiring. I can't express how wonderful this book really is. To understand you really have to read it—and I suggest that you do.








*Book Hollow*
















Share this article :
 

+ comments + 2 comments

March 13, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Oh, but it sounds so painful!

March 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM

It is a tear jerker, but it's so much more than that. There is happiness in Mia's memories, courage in her decision, and it's just overall inspirational. Loved it!

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger