REVIEW: CAPTURED BY ERICA STEVENS

CAPTURED
THE CAPTIVE #1
ERICA STEVENS
GENRE: YA/PNR

SYNOPSIS: Blood Slave.
Captured, taken from her beloved family and woods, Aria’s biggest fear is not the imminent death facing her, but that she will be chosen as a blood slave for a member of the ruling vampire race. No matter what becomes of her though, Aria knows that she must keep her identity hidden from the monsters imprisoning her. She has already been branded a member of the rebellion, but the vampires do not know the true depth of her involvement with it, and they must never know. Though hoping for death, Aria’s world is turned upside down when a vampire named Braith steps forward to claim her. He delays her execution, but Aria knows it’s only a matter of time before he drains her, and destroys her. Especially once she learns his true identity as a prince within the royal family; the same royal family that started the war that ultimately brought down humankind, reducing them to nothing more than servants and slaves. Aria is determined to hate the prince, determined not to give into him in anyway, but his strange kindness, and surprising gentleness astonish her. Torn between her loyalties to the rebellion, and her growing love for her greatest enemy, Aria struggles to decide between everything she has ever known, and a love she never dreamed of finding.

Young Adult/New Adult
Book 1 of 4





MY RATING: 4 STARS

I really, really liked this story!

Vampires are my guilty pleasure and I've read a lot of vampire books. I think this story stood out to me because the author incorporated some fresh and different ideas into it.

I liked both main characters. Aria has a strong personality and Braith is interesting. The book ended with an exciting cliffhanger that left me wanting more! I can't wait to read the next book, Renegade.

As much as I liked the story, I couldn't give it 5 stars simply because within the approximate 168 pages, there were about 5 or 6 typos. I'm also not feeling the cover art. I would love to see the errors fixed and the cover art updated because this story deserves it.

Overall, I really liked this story and would highly recommend it if you like vampire romance. Captured is FREE on Amazon right now. Click the Amazon link below to download it to your Kindle.






Share this article :
 

+ comments + 1 comments

April 19, 2013 at 6:13 AM

Talk about getting me out of my paranormal book slump.. Captured has everything I love in a book; adventure, misunderstandings, betrayal, LOVE and heartache. I want to do a full review but I really want to see what happens next so I am off to read book 2.

regards,
russel of DFW Spine & Joint Center

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger