REVIEW: MONSTROSITY BY EDWARD LEE

MONSTROSITY
EDWARD LEE
GENRE: HORROR


SYNOPSIS

Blue skies, palm trees, and flawless white sand beaches. Clare Prentiss thinks her new home is paradise, and her brand-new job as security chief at the clinic almost seems too good to be true.
It is.
Lurid dreams, erotic obsessions, and twisted sexual fantasies aren't the only things that abruptly invade Clare's life. Is someone really peeping into her windows at night?
Yes.
Are those screams she hears just her imagination?
No.
Is Clare being stalked?
Yes. But not by a man. By a monstrosity.
Will the last scream Clare hears be her own?






MY TAKE

3 STARS

Well, I just finished Monstrosity...it was good, but not great. The beginning of the book started off strong, but about halfway through it faltered a bit for me. I felt like the author kind of stumbled his way through the story to reach the (*eyeroll*) predictable ending. There were a few editing mistakes, but they weren't major.

One thing that bummed me out more than anything else was I think the cover and the synopsis is a bit misleading. The cover shows these four hideous looking monsters emerging from the woods. Where were these four monsters in the story? I only found one. The stalking of Clare in the synopsis doesn't ring quite true either.

Although I didn't love this novel, I will be reading more of Lee in the future. If you decide you want to give this book a go, I would suggest getting it from the library instead of buying it.


BUY THIS BOOK


Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger