REVIEW: VICIOUS A NOVEL OF SUSPENSE





VICIOUS: A NOVEL OF SUSPENSE
BRYAN W. ALASPA
GENRE: HORROR

SYNOPSIS

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUIET, RELAXING, WEEKEND GETAWAY...
The cabin is not deserted. It is the summer retreat of Jeremy Liden, an author who has just started to taste the fruits of success and the good life, which includes the summer cottage in Wisconsin. The same weekend Jeremy and his friends decide to get away from it all two dogs seek shelter beneath the summer house porch. Two dogs who have been trained to fight. Trained to Attack. Trained to kill.

What Jeremy and his friends find at the house is sheer, snarling terror, and as things get desperate, they begin to wonder if they will ever get out alive.

Nature made these dogs, but man made them VICIOUS.




MY TAKE

4 STARS

The first thing I would like to say about Vicious: A Novel of Suspense is I really like the cover art. It portrays the title perfectly with an 80's horror book feel.

Now, to the story. Jeremy, his wife Amelia, Stephen, and his wife Veronica come together for a relaxing weekend at Jeremy's cabin in the woods. What they didn't plan for was what was hiding under the front porch of the cabin—two vicious dogs trained to kill.

Just from the synopsis, I was able to gather enough information to know what to expect from the storyline. What I didn't expect was to feel horribly bad for the villains in this story (the dogs), but I did. They were just as much victims as the humans in this story.

We see dog attacks in the news quite often (far more than we should) thanks to negligent owners and, in the case of this story, dog fighting rings with escapees. The author took these escapees and turned the volume up. Very fitting for a horror novel.

The author did include an alternate ending and left it up to the reader which ending they chose to go with. Personally, I liked the original ending. I felt like their was closure and the story ended. The alternate ending left the book open and that would have been fine in case there was a sequel planned and I don't think there is.

I really liked the characters in this story and feared for them. I thoroughly enjoyed this story very much. So much so I stored it in my favorites folder on my Kindle.

The only reason I chose not to give this story 5 stars is because there were a few editing errors.







BUY THIS BOOK












Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger