REVIEW: THEY THIRST BY ROBERT R. MCCAMMON

THEY THIRST
ROBERT R. McCAMMON
GENRE: HORROR

SYNOPSIS

A MASS MURDER.
A DISAPPEARANCE.
A CEMETERY RANSACKED.
It looked like another ordinary day in Los Angeles
Then night came....
Evil as old as the centuries has descended upon the City of Angels---it comes as a kiss from the terrifying but seductive immortals. Slowly at first, then by the legions, the ravenous undead choke Los Angeles with bloodthirsty determination---and the hordes of monstrous victims steadily mount each night.

High above glitter city a deadly contest begins. In the decaying castle of a long-dead screen idol, the few remaining human survivors prepare to face the Prince of Evil and his satanic disciples. Whilst the very forces of nature are called into play, isolating the city from the rest of the world and leaving it at the mercy of the blood-hungry vultures of the night....




MY TAKE



They Thirst was a great read! When I pulled it from by TBR shelf, the paperback didn't look too thick. I figured I'd have it finished in a few days. Well, I cracked it open and the text is tiny! I flipped to the end to see exactly how many pages and was surprised to find 565 pages full of tiny text. WOW! This book ended up being a 2 week read for me. Normally it might have taken a week at the most, but I've had a busy schedule the last couple of weeks.

Anyhow, to the story. McCammon has a great eye for detail in this novel. I could actually picture being in the situation depicted in They Thirst. I love novels that have great detail without being wordy. There are a lot of characters introduced and many that don't make it out of Los Angeles. Some of the characters you come to adore, and you sit on the edge of your seat wondering if they are going to make it. This novel was well-written and executed wonderfully. This is my first McCammon book and certainly not my last.



Share this article :
 

+ comments + 3 comments

Anonymous
August 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Bought it went it first came out and I've read many times aftet that until the paperback finally fell apart. I hope this one gets a hardcover release. Scary as hell.

August 16, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Great book. Give McCammon's book Stinger a read as well. Under appreciated classic.

August 16, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I actually have Stinger on my wish list to buy. I have Wolf's Hour on my shelf waiting to be read. I'll probably start reading it after I finish Every Dead Thing by Connolly. They Thirst has gotten me hooked on McCammon. Expect plenty more of McCammon showing up on Book Hollow :)

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger