REVIEW: THE DEATH OF JAMES DEAN BY WARREN NEWTON BEATH


THE DEATH OF JAMES DEAN
WARREN NEWTON BEATH
GENRE: NONFICTION

SYNOPSIS

Drawing on the inquest manuscript and other previously unpublished material, Warren Beath cuts through the welter of conflicting reports and rumors to provide a taut reconstruction of Dean's final hours.







MY TAKE



Before this book, my knowledge of James Dean was very limited. I had seen Rebel Without a Cause many years ago. I knew Dean had died in a car accident before the movie was even released. That was the extent of my knowledge of the late, great Mr. James Dean.

I was prompted to buy this book because I wanted to know more about the alleged “curse” of James Dean's car. I was a bit saddened that only a couple of pages actually discussed the “curse” of Dean's 550 Porsche Spyder. The first half of the book discussed a lot that happened September 30, 1955—the day James Dean died. Many conflicting reports, witness statements, etc. The second half of the book dives into Dean's loyal following and those obsessed with the crash that killed him.

Overall, this was a decent read for those like myself with limited knowledge of James Dean.




Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger