The Turning / Blood Ties bk 1 / Jennifer Armintrout

Synopsis (Goodreads)

I'm no coward. I want to make that perfectly clear. But after my life turned into a horror movie, I take fear a lot more seriously now. I finally became Dr. Carrie Ames just eight months ago. Then I was attacked in the hospital morgue by a vampire. Just my luck.
So now I'm a vampire, and it turns out I have a blood tie to the monster who sired me. The tie works like an invisible leash and I'm bound to him no matter what I do. And of course he's one of the most evil vampires on earth. With my sire hell-bent on turning me into a soulless killer and his sworn enemy set to exterminate me, things couldn't get much worse -- except I'm attracted to them both.
Drinking blood, living as an immortal demon and being a pawn between two warring vampire factions isn't exactly how I'd imagined my future. But as my father used to say, the only way to conquer fear is to face it. So that's what I'll do. Fangs bared.
__________________________________________________

My Take
5 Stars

The Turning is the first book in the Blood Ties series. I just finished re-reading this book and realized I didn't write a review for it.

This is not your typical vampire romance read. Lately, most of the vampire romance out there are light, and very romantic. This book is nothing like those. It is intense, dark, and gory. I guess that why I like it so much, because it's a change from what I've been reading. More bad things happen than good in this book, and for some people it just may be a bit too dark. I thoroughly enjoyed it because it's different.

Dr. Carrie Ames is attacked in the morgue by what she thought was nothing more than a corpse. After nearly a month in the hospital, she is released only to realize that she has some really weird symptoms and it becomes clear that she is changing and not in a good way. She decides to seek help via the internet. She contacts a person claiming he/she can help her.

I don't want to say anymore about what happens in the book. I hate to do spoilers. If you are tired of the same old vampire romance, then come on over to the dark side and read The Turning.
Share this article :
 

+ comments + 1 comments

September 20, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I read this series a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger