Much Ado About Vampires / Dark Ones / Katie MacAlister

Synopsis (Goodreads)

Bitter at first bite…

Corazon Ferreira is one heck of a jaded woman. Not only did her husband dump her for a pretty, vivacious blonde, but her sister has lost her mind and married a vampire. Worse, it turns out that Cora herself was a vampire’s mate in a past life…the very same vampire she witnessed killing someone.

If only Cora hadn’t inadvertently been caught up in the ill-laid plans of a reanimated corpse and its master, she could deal with the distractingly gorgeous vampire. But it’s only Alec who stands between her and those who threaten her existence, and there’s only so much temptation a woman can bear before she starts taking her heart as seriously as her head…


__________________________________________________

My Take
4 Stars



I was first introduced to Katie MacAlister and her Dark Ones series through a short story from the book My Zombie Valentine. I was impressed with her writing then, and after getting Much Ado About Vampires through first-reads, I am hooked on the Dark Ones series!

Much Ado About Vampires is the ninth book in the Dark Ones series. The story is centered around Alec and Cora (Corazon). Alec is a “Dark One” (vampire) who has been banished to the Akasha for killing the woman that accidentally killed his Beloved (mate). Cora finds herself and her friend Diamond in a very strange situation (a matter of wrong place at the wrong time) and gets banished to the Akasha, where she meets Alec. Once Cora gets a good look at Alec, she realizes she's seen him before, and she is definitely not happy about it...at first.

There is a lot of light humor in this book, and funny circumstances. I found myself chuckling many times throughout the book (sometimes aloud).

If there is anything about the book that I found a bit annoying, it would be Cora's over-use of the phrase “Jesus wept”. If it had only been used a couple of times, I probably wouldn't have even thought twice about it. However, I would say that would be my only complaint because I really enjoyed the book. The story wasn't hindered by reading the ninth book first, and I will be purchasing the rest of the series.
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Book Hollow - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger